This summer I turned 46 years old. I’m not gonna lie, this one stung. (anyone relate?) And to those who told me I don’t look a day over 40, well, bless your souls! 🙂
Despite a few wrinkles, annoying aches and some minor biological mishaps every now and then, I do realize how fortunate I am to have come this far! With a ton of life lessons under my belt, I feel grateful for all that I’ve learned and accomplished.
Making a serious commitment to a healthy lifestyle is one of the things I’m most proud of, since we all know how much time and effort that can take, especially in our crazy world. Don’t get me wrong, there are those occasional lazy days when I don’t feel like exercising or making something wholesome for dinner (and I don’t.) But it’s the majority of the time that counts.
As they say, with effort comes reward, right?!
Speaking of rewards, let’s get to this exceptionally tasty, chilled cucumber yogurt soup!
If you’ve got 10 minutes to spare in the kitchen, I’ve got the perfect lunch, appetizer or light dinner waiting for you.
This soup is refreshing and combines the last of summer’s bounty…fresh cucumbers, herbs, corn, avocado and a slight kick from a serrano pepper (optional) blended with some greek yogurt… in one bowl! And no slaving over the stove!
Who wouldn’t feel good after slurping a bowl of this green goodness?? With plenty of antioxidants, water, fiber and healthy fats, it’s just one of those meals that makes you glow from the inside out (my little anti-aging secret!)
I hope you give it a try!
- 2 large cucumbers (peeled and quartered)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (low fat)
- 1 small shallot
- *1/2 serrano pepper (seeded) (use even smaller amount if you don't want too much of a kick)
- For topping:
- 1 avocado
- 1 fresh corn (shucked and kernels sliced off the cob)
- good pinch of salt
- small pinch of pepper
- fresh chives (chopped)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Place cucumbers, shallot, serrano pepper, salt, pepper and yogurt in a high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Refrigerate 2 hours to chill.
- To serve top with sliced avocado, corn kernels, chives and drizzle with olive oil.