I know my last post was a bit serious. Sometimes I get carried away when I talk about school wellness, but now it’s time for some fun!
Summer is almost here…I can literally taste it! That means I’m going to be in the kitchen creating recipes with all the delicious, fresh, seasonal produce that’s coming our way!
Strawberry season is upon us and so is the heat. How about a cool, refreshing drink to help quench your thirst? These spritzers will do just that! They’re easy to make and super fun to serve at BBQ’s or summer gatherings.
I blend fresh strawberries (which are at their sweetest perfection this time of year) with some basil from the garden, mango juice and ice. I top it off with some cold sparkling water for a bubbly, fun drink that’s perfect as a relaxing treat on a hot summer day!
- 8 oz strawberries, washed with stems and leaves removed (about 12-13 medium sized berries)
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 cup ice
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 6 oz sparkling water
- Put strawberries, juice, ice and basil into a blender.
- Puree until blended together but still leaving a few small chunks of strawberry and ice.
- Pour half the strawberry mango basil juice into 2 separate glasses.
- Top with 3 oz. of the sparkling water (you can add more or less depending on how sweet you like your drink) per glass.