Plain and simple, this fruit salad is summer in a bowl!
Melon is in season big time! I’m seeing all sorts of varieties, one sweeter and juicier than the next. For this recipe I chose a Santa Claus melon. The name caught my eye so I just had to try it! Apparently this green-stripped, football shaped melon got it’s name because of it’s long shelf life (“until Christmas”) and late harvest. Anyway, it took all my restraint not to devour the entire thing, since it was probably one of the sweetest juiciest melons I’ve ever had! Paired with ripe berries, peaches, cherries and fresh mint from the garden, this is one fruit salad you need to have in your life!
- 1 ripe melon (any variety) cut into cubes
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 2 ripe peaches very thinly sliced
- handful of mint (chiffonade)
- Layer fruits into bowl beginning with melon.
- Drizzle honey over top of salad.
- Garnish with fresh mint and served chilled.