You’ll impress your friends and family with this tasty, quick dish bursting with such flavor they’ll think you spent hours in the kitchen preparing it! But, you can get this weeknight friendly meal on your table in less than 30 minutes! Unlike other pasta dishes that can feel heavy and weigh you down, this dish is light and full of simple, natural ingredients from jarred artichokes and fresh cherry tomatoes and is bursting with the peppery, citrus flavor of the arugula. I add in some sliced kalamata olives that give the pasta a special richness. The only thing you will be wishing for after this meal is…leftovers!
Farfalle with Artichokes, Arugula & Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 3-4 cups baby arugula
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 2 14 oz. jars (or cans) artichoke hearts packed in water (not marinated) sliced into quarters
- 1/4 cup pitted and sliced kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup white wine (use a wine that you would actually drink, since good quality wine will add better flavor)
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- kosher salt
- 2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds). Add artichokes and tomatoes, a good pinch of kosher salt, pepper and the wine and cook for about 4-5 minutes until tomatoes begin to break down and wine has reduced by half. Toss in olives and arugula and cook until arugula is almost completely wilted. Remove from heat.
Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta, reserving some of the water and add to sauté pan. Add pasta directly into pan with artichoke mixture. Combine and let sit for a few minutes to absorb flavor. Top with parmesan cheese and drizzle with olive oil.